Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One week down–is this my life?

It’s been one week since I began my Copaxone injections and overall it hasn’t been too bad. But… it’s left me with a sort of melancholy feeling knowing that this isn't just a short term thing.

It’s my new “normal.”

This medication is a forever medication – if I choose to continue with it. I know many people with MS are managing their symptoms with simple diet and exercise and that is fantastic! I’m just not to that point yet so I chose to include medication therapy on top of changing my diet to gluten free/Paleo and continuing my exercise program.

Anyway, I’m one week into the injections and like I said they aren’t horrible. I have discovered that my arms are the most painful place to inject. Not necessarily the shot itself but the after effects are a bit more pronounced. Then my thighs are second. My hips and stomach didn’t really hurt at all but I do need to sit with an ice pack for about an hour after no matter where I inject.

I’ve also found this week I’ve been very, very tired. I’m not sure if it’s due to the meds or what but in any case it’s annoying!  

As for my diet, I think I’m going to do the Ultimate Reset with my hubby. I think we will start it after I return from my business trip at the end of September – probably begin on October 1st.  I’ve seen some amazing results from people and a friend who also has MS told me it really helped him so I’m pretty sure it’s a good thing. Wanna join us? Leave a comment for more info.

Hope you have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment