Friday, September 13, 2013

Knitting Encourages Healing?

Yes, yes it does!

Maybe for those of you that are non-knitters, it sounds crazy. But for me, it totally is a healing journey.

I first started knitting consistently after my mom died in 2007. I found that by focusing on what I was making, following the pattern and making those silly little loops with those seriously un-wielding needles helped me to take my mind off of my loss.

And I learned that I loved it!

It’s been a while since I’ve knitted –about a year. About the same time I started my fitness journey last September. I was just busy with my fitness and new business and just didn’t make the time. The last thing I made was the Rockefeller Shawl through a mystery knit a long (where they give you only a part of the pattern each week until it’s finished).

back-tiedfront-tiedfront-wrap/p>

So, when I saw that the designer of that shawl was doing another Mystery008 KAL, I knew it was time to pick up the ol’ needles again. This one is called Color Craving (the KAL not the pattern I don’t think…but maybe). Anyway, I picked some very pretty, bright colored yarn to make it. It’s going to be very loud and happy! Smile

Last night I picked up my needles to make the swatch (to make sure I was knitting to the size they recommend) and it was like riding a bike. As soon as I started it’s like I never took a break. I felt so happy, even when I messed up, and remembered how healing knitting is for me.

There have been a lot of changes in my life over the past few months. I’m so glad to know that knitting hasn’t changed for me. I can’t wait to start the first clue that arrived in my inbox this morning! Be forewarned, I’ll be sharing pictures on this blog and on Facebook.

Hope you have a fantastic Friday and weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn,

    I was hoping to get in touch with you about your blog. My wife is a cancer survivor and I was wondering if I could ask you a quick question. Do you think you could email me when you get a chance? Thanks so much.

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete